Thursday, March 8, 2007

bulla ki janaa....

Finally, I enter the blog world.

You may want to ask- what took me so long? Most of my friends who write have been on the blogspace for years now. I have been reading other people's stuff for n number of years. But yet I didn't take the big leap. Why?

Perhaps, I didn't have anything to say to the world.

Perhaps, I was content listening to other people.

Perhaps, the whole universe was conspiring to subdue me intto silence for some great cause.

Or perhaps, I was just too lazy.

The last guess might be your best bet given the quality that has been carefully nurtured by the best researchers and is now blossoming as I enter the third year of graduate school. Procrastination. I will refer you to PhD Comics by Jorge Cham for more interesting habits of this weird creature aka the grad student.

You may want to ask - now that I'm here do I have anything specific to say to the world? Well, coming to think of it, not really. I do not plan any great revolution on the blogspace, am not here to inspire people to do great things (or stupid ones at that, though it might be an interesting side-effect), have nothing to add to the million arguments that are taking place, or have taken place, all over the internet, have nothing against my fellow countrymen, or against the Americans, or the Iraqis for that matter.

So why am I here? Is it for the give and take of the ideas that I'm here? Or is it so that I can inflate my ego when I defend an abstract argument and 5 other people buy into my line of reasoning? Or is it to open my mind to a new form of communication that seems strange to me because of its ability to address hundreds of unknown people?

People have told me that I need direction in life. Perhaps, I need someone to throw ideas at. Perhaps, I need the world to hear whatever I have been holding in me. Or perhaps ... I'm just too darn sleepy!

I think I need to recoup to spout more frustration at the world :)

Gracias - Buenos Noches!

No comments: